NIH offers resources to support scientists in their careers. See below for more information on guidelines for scientists who are engaged in clinical research, assistance with student loan repayment, and continuing education opportunities.
- The Standards for Clinical Research within the NIH Intramural Research Program offers guidelines for good clinical research and outlines resources required for clinical principal investigators.
- The Human Participant Protections Education for Research Teams offers a free tutorial on protecting human research participants that institutions may elect to use to fulfill requirement for education in the protection of human subjects.
- The Human Research Protection Program was established to protect the rights and safeguard the welfare of human subjects who participate in the NIH Intramural Research Program (IRP).
- The NIH Loan Repayment Programs are a set of programs established by Congress and designed to recruit and retain highly qualified health professionals into biomedical or biobehavioral research careers.
- Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES) conducts advanced educational programs and supporting activities to promote the productivity and attractiveness of professional life on the NIH campuses. FAES programs complement the work of NIH in accomplishing its mission of research and training in the biomedical sciences.
- The Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research (IPPCR) course trains registrants on how to effectively and safely conduct clinical research.