The National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) has published two new funding announcements focusing on NINR areas of emphasis for research to optimize health and advance health equity:
- PAR-22-230 (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) solicits R01 grant applications that propose independent research projects that are consistent with the scientific framework detailed in the NINR Strategic Plan.
- PAR-22-231 (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) solicits R21 grant applications that propose exploratory/developmental research projects that are consistent with the research framework detailed in the NINR Strategic Plan.
These research opportunities will:
- be rooted in nursing's holistic, contextualized approach to understanding people and their health;
- address the nation's most pressing and persistent health challenges with a solutions orientation; and
- employ innovative and rigorous study designs to inform practice and policy.